Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Things in the Kitchen



Things have been pretty hectic what with the puppies and teaching a painting class and disposing of all my old art but I should plug this since I'm in it: L.A. collectors Sirje and Michael Gold have curated the art auction segment of the annual fundraising event WIDE ANGLE for the University Art Museum at Cal State Long Beach, pairing "thirty established artists with thirty artists whose works have been less accessible for Southern California audiences". I'm the latter, paired with Roger Herman. For my piece, I actually took Roger's woodcut kitchen image, flipped it horizontal, and then found all the entities hiding in his composition. There was a preview (and the silent auction of some paired works began) on March 12th at the SmogShoppe in Culver City, but the live auction itself is at the UAM (CSULB, 1250 Bellflower Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90840-8401) on the 21st in conjunction with a Salle/Armitage shindig. The art will be viewable at the UAM from March 18th through the 20th from 12 to 5 PM. More info here. Above: Kitchen Below: Chien TK (Dog is Coming)



Bonus Art Tip: Chloe actually ate the buff titanium oilstick I used on my painting, and I called the ASPCA poison hotline, and they said that it was OK, and it was.

No comments: