Saturday, July 12, 2014

White dust 'n' perished birds leaves its hex in the air?


Thanks to everyone who came out to the Insert Blanc Rabble celebration at Machine. My ritual slapstick sealing of the picture plane was preceded by various incantatory, satirical, and 'patacritical presentations by Alexandra Grant, Holly Myers, steve roden, and Tyler Stallings (with encouraging words from host Matthew Timmons). Special thanks to Daniel, Jenn, and Isabel, who sorted the inverted logistics and filled my pie-pans -- and to Jimmy Chertkow who did all that and took these photos. It was unexpectedly meaningful, as are the best things in life. Oh wait, that's "free." Oh well. Kudos to whoever inscribed that pie!


(PS: The performance consisted of me in a clown costume (Thanks Marnie!) backlit by blue video projection light, systematically pie-ing the front window of Machine Project from inside (audience on the street outside) until it was completely full, to the soundtrack of the climactic 6 minutes of the Firesign Theatre's I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus, which is the subject on my hot-off-the-presses Rabble pamphlet, entitled What’s Happening in The Firesign Theatre’s I Think We’re All Bozos On This Bus as Best as I Can Make Out.)











No comments: