Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mel's Hole Catalogs Available!


And they'll probably be cheaper than the $175 new copies are fetching on amazon. I'll be attending the West Hollywood Book Fair to sign books for the Grand Central Press, who published the amazing catalog for the exhibit Aspects of Mel's Hole: Artists Respond to a Paranormal Land Event Occurring in Radiospace that I curated at the Grand Central Art Center in Santa Ana in 2008, based on a geographical anomoly outside Ellensburg, Washington and first brought to public attention by the owner of the property - Mel waters -on Art Bell's Coast to Coast radio show in 1997.


This was an amazing exhibit (designed and installed by Andrea Harris and her crack team, while her husband Mike was having a kidney transplant!) that not many people saw; but the catalog remains and is pretty effin great if I do say so myself, due in no small part to the spectacular design job by Wendy Peng (this is the slipcover/exhibition poster). I need to put up some documentation of the show on my website soon. As soon as I find some documentation of the show. Does anyone have documentation of Mel's Hole: Artists Respond to a Paranormal Land Event Occurring in Radiospace?


Images: Jeffrey Vallance The View from Mel's Hole (2008) site-specific sculptural installation, approx 8 ft diameter; Wendy Peng Slipjacket/poster for Mels Hole catalog, 2008; Marnie Weber Mel's Hole: a Love Story production still for Super 8 film, 2007 - 2008

PS: I'll also be available to sign "The Original Art of Basil Wolverton: From the Collection of Glenn Bray" and "Thomas Kinkade: Heaven on Earth" for which I wrote essays. Oh, yeah, Noonish at 647 N. San Vicente Blvd. West Hollywood, CA

No comments: